Sunday, March 22, 2009

Leprechaun Catching

For St. Patrick's Day 2009, Elise decided she wanted to catch a leprechaun. Her parents were hopeful this would work, as we could use the pot of gold. To capture the leprechaun, Elise devised and created the patent pending Leprechaun Catcher (see pictured item). She left the "catcher" outside overnight, baited with paper gold coins. She was sad in the morning that no leprechaun was caught; however, he did leave a note and some green oreo cookies in his wake. The Poem: "You think you can trick me with rainbows and gold. But I'm really fast, even though I am old. Here is a treat to help you play. I hope you have a happy St. Patrick's Day." Maybe better luck next year. I'm kinda worried though for the Easter bunny this year.

2 comments:

  1. I love it. My dad loves St. Patty's day, he would always get us in the mornings when we still had our PJ's on. We had footprints in our kitchen from the little guy. They sure are fast :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun to see your cute family! Look forward to more posts!

    ReplyDelete